Thursday, February 17, 2011

Precious Moment #5 - The vet visit

So I took Ginger to the vet to get her Bordetella shot today and decided well. . . . I'll take them both.  No need to get Rusty all worked up thinkin' he's missing something.  . . . Can I just say "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING!"  Apparently, I was on drugs at the time.  On the way there. . . Ginger poops in the back of my SUV (I should have realized that when she gave me a hard time about getting in the car, she had a reason).  Had I known the vet was going to want a fecal sample at the time, I would have just brought the poop bag in.  Go Figure!  That could have been a win/win situation too!

Once we are put in a room, waiting for the vet, my poor Rusty is Anxt and crying thinking that he is the patient.  Ginger on the other hand thinks she is in play land trying to get his attention by biting his ear.  After the pre-exam, the vet comes in and lo and behold, its Rusty favorite dr.. . . Dr. Sheri.  So Rusty and I wait for Ginger. . .  her first real exam since we got her.

I think she is a drama queen. . . seriously!  Because the nurse came out with Ginger in her arms and her sad puppy face.  . . . drama.  Until she is put on the ground with her brother. . . and its "GO" time with her brother again.  Thank goodness, I was shown the clasp/hook at the front counter so that I could hook there leashes in there.  Oh yeah. . . did I mention the huge display sign that Rusty knocked over with brochures in it.  Then he thought it was cool & decided to jump all over it.

So. . we're done and I can't find my keys so I put my purse on the ground and tell the dogs (which sounds ridiculous now), help me find my keys! Ginger dives in sniffing around and when she comes up for air, I see that she has her own medicine bottle in her mouth. 

By this time, I'm exhausted. . . I have to take the dogs home, put drops in Ginger's ear and leave to go back to work. Yeah. . . that was easy. . .That of course, was a sacracastic statement if you hadn't guessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment