Thursday, February 24, 2011

Precious Moments #6 - The Switch

The greatest thing when having a pet is knowing that when you have to go out of town and can't take them with, they are in good hands.  We had to board the dogs for 2 nights last weekend as we went out of town.  In doing so, I had high hopes for some good bonding between them.  You be the judge.  . . .  The first night after I picked them up from boarding, I woke up in the middle of the night as always to use the restroom.  When I came back in I noticed that Rusty was not sleeping at the front of his crate with his head resting on the edge.  I looked in the small crate which is Ginger and saw red fur so I thought ok. . . where is Rusty?  I couldn't see him anywhere and I walked through the rest of the apartment checking.  I called out his name a couple of times.  When I walked back in the bedroom, I see Rusty's head sticking out of Ginger's small little crate . . . . now where the heck was Ginger.  A little worried she was stuck somewhere only being 3 1/2 months old, I called out for her.  It was about the 3rd shout out and then I saw the 2 paws stretching out from the depths of the huge crate.  I can only assume that Rusty kicked Ginger out of her crate since he continually crawls in there periodically as if to stake his claim since it was his crate first.

. . . The bonding comes from the next night about 4 a.m. when Ginger wants out of her crate.  I pull her out and lay her on a blanket on my bed.  So as not to have issues, I grabbed Rusty and placed him on the same blanket.  Half asleep trying to get back into bed, I see that they have both settled on the foot of the bed, on the side that I sleep.   I tried to politely move them over with my feet with no success.  When I get up to walk over to the other side of the bed to crawl in, I see the 2 puppies, literally intertwined and sound asleep.  I wanted to grab my camera but I couldn't see to keep my eyes open long enough.

. . that same morning, I was in the shower and the 2 puppies always lay on the rug next to the tub and wait for me to come out.  Curious. . . I quietly pulled back the curtain to see what they were up to and that Ginger is curled up next to Rusty with her head resting on Rusty's back staring up at me.  Where's the camera when you need one?

. . . I'm not sure if this pic really says bonding to the unknowing but trust me . . ."das is guut"!

No comments:

Post a Comment